Donor and Sales Associate
Status: Part-time hourly (approximately 20-25 hours/week). The store is open Monday through Friday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Associate’s assigned hours will fall within these parameters (give or take 30 minutes for covering opening/closing duties).
The main duties are:
- Provide exceptional customer service, including unloading donations and loading purchases into customers’ vehicles. MUST BE ABLE TO LIFT 50 POUNDS ON A REGULAR BASIS.
- Clean, sort, price and stock merchandise in the proper area of the store as it comes in under the direction of the Management Team
- Greet donors on a regular basis with professionalism and care – provide tax exempt slips to donors per legal guidelines
- Assist customers with purchases as called upon with car carry-out
- Work to keep store orderly, stocked & clean at all times
- Work side by side with all volunteers to fulfill the habitat mission of bringing people together to build homes, communities and hope
- May require some cashier duties, ReStore truck ride-along, or other responsibilities as needed
- Will require weekend day hours (no nights or Sundays)
- Accept donations from the loading dock as they are dropped off at the ReStore in Green Bay, WI
- Assist with other areas as assigned, including Habitat events at the ReStore
- Excellent customer service skills & pleasant personality with others
- Communicate and engage with customers
- Basic computer requirements and cashier knowledge helpful
- Able to lift 50 pounds on a regular basis
- Position requires walking and standing for most of the time
- Dependable and solid work history
- Reports to Store Management
- Background check and drug test will be required
Resumes and applications may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than August 28, 2018.
Habitat for Humanity ReStores are nonprofit home improvement stores and donation centers that sell new and gently used furniture, building materials, appliances, and home accessories to the public at a fraction of the retail price.